Baby & Kids
House & Food
Art & Music
Meet the Artists
Baby & Kids Artists
House & Food Artists
Art & Music Artists
kira kira 250 Project
Mayura by Makiko
1. Why did you name your work, “Mayura”?
Mayura means Peacocks in Sanskrit. Peacocks are my favorite creature and also a positive symbol to bring good luck to you. I wish what I create will bring smiles and happiness to people.
2. What is the main concept/theme of your work?
The concept is “unique beauty.” The colorful silk and geometric patterns make these Kaga Yubinuki Thimbles a unique art of work.
3. What would you hope for kira kira life customers when they put on your creations?
It is such a pleasure to hear anyone likes my creations. I hand sew one by one hoping my rings or necklaces will put smile on people’s faces:)
4. What is your favorite quote?
"Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own action." — Dalai Lama
"Nothing you wear is more important than your smile." — Connie Stevens
5. What do you do when you're feeling low?
I will have a cup of good coffee with good friends :)
Check out Mayura’s beautiful creations